Monday, August 27, 2007

It's One Year!

(Very incoherent, Very random.. depicting very well, the current state of my mind..).


.. since I saw my family..

.. since I took a breath of Indian air...

.. since I touched Indian soil (Background music: Yeh jo des hai mera... Swades....la..laa )

YESS! It's one year since I set foot in the United States! Yes, it was on the 27th of August, 2007.. when a major blissful idiot with a dumb grin.. who had no clue what was coming, landed. Three academic quarters went by.. They can best be described as "Whoosh", "Whoosh" and yeah, "Whoosh".

Still, it's been the most eventful year of my life, a year of rich learning experiences of all sorts.

It's one year since I saw some dear friends who helped me when I first came here. I am very grateful to them..

It's one year since I saw the people who are responsible for my existence and for my being what I am (I do hope they don't regret it :P).

With NO change in the levels whatsoever, of love, affection, and attachment, I feel like I've finally let go of them in terms of dependence for every other thing.. and that's such an important milestone..

Thanks! All the people who helped me make it here.
And Thanks! All the people here, who've been there for me at all times, good and bad, because of whom I run back "home" to Palo Alto every other weekend..!! :P they know who they are and they're most probably reading this right now :)

Love you all!

11 comments:

Prasoon said...

All the best for the times to come :)

Sure that everything just went Whoosh Whoosh - am sure that has a lot involved within which believe me each one of us would love to hear.

keep scribbling :) - you're being read.

ps: us sis can now pester u for a treat - her ad works D

Shruthi said...

Ohhh *sniff* *teary eyed*... my little sis is a big girl now! :D

Shruthi said...

Btw, which category do I fall into among all those you have thanked in this Oscar-winning speech? :O

Madhu said...

I hear you! Been there...felt that!
And I agree about how the feeling is bitter sweet..on one hand you are missing everybody and home and the other your so happy and proud that you have bcome all independent! Good luck for the years to come! Hope to keep reading ur posts!

8&20 said...

um yeah... what about me madam?

PeeVee said...

@prasoon: thanx! I will try to write about the details of the whoosh factor sometime :)
@shruthi: obviously the ppl who made me who I am and who helped me get here!!
madhu: hey madhu, are you *that* madhu?! if so, YAY! :)
8&20: Stupid, who do you think I mean when I say "they're most probably reading this right now"!! :D

Echo said...

Yes, they are :) and oscarworthy speech it is :D

Unknown said...

Err......if it is 1 year since you landed, shouldn't it be Aug 27th, 2006.....or are we really in 2008????*Shudders!!!* Like we see it happen in some sci-fi movies.....has someone pushed my life 1 year forward without me realizing it......

8&20 said...

baaki aur posts kahan hain?

dhooooondhte reh jaaoge!

BG said...

oh very touching...........even m here in the US from 4 months and miss banglaore like hell( i am from bangalore).......

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I haven't been home for more than 2 years now. The price you pay for overseas education. Enjoy yourself and all the best!

And thank your big sis for sending people like me here :)

Yeda